Who are we?
Islamic Propagation Center of Ontario (IPC) is better known as Jame Masjid, located on Coopers Avenue, Mississauga – near the Hershey Centre. IPC was established in the year 1979 and is a registered non-profitable charitable organization dedicated to serving the local community. IPC is dedicated to nurturing and helping the congregation’s children, adults and seniors improve their spirituality and quality of life, to help them become better members of their community.
Over 30 years old, we are one of the oldest Islamic organizations in Canada, and the oldest serving the City of Mississauga. From our humble beginnings in the basement of our founding members, through events held at Mississauga community centres, to the purchase and expansion of our current facility, we have continued to grow to serve the needs of our members. We are now expanding again, having recently purchased almost two acres of land adjoining our existing parking lot, and are embarking on the construction of a new 30,000 sqft facility.
IPC Community Services and Programs
- 5 Daily prayer held by Imam
- Friday prayer (1,500+ Brothers and sisters attend in the 2 salah) and Tafseer program
- Education classes held during weekdays and weekend for adults and children
- Community counseling programs
- Youth sports programs
- Ramadan Tara’weeh prayers with completion of the Quran on the 27th night of Ramadan
- Itakif program in Ramadan
- Daily community Iftar and dinner program during Ramadan
- Eid-ul-Fitr and Eid-ul-Adha salaat for the community in Hershey Center with 10,000+ attendees
- Stairs2Bliss conference every year with internationally well known scholars and guest speakers
- Marriage Services
- Aqeeqah Services
- IPC Food Bank (Food for needy families)
- and more!
We are your local Islamic community hub, and we look forward to serving you in the future!